Saturday, August 7, 2010

Island Dreaming

I saw this kitchen island picture on HGTV's Rate My Space, it was love at first sight! The butcher block counter top is AWESOME. I have never seen a dark butcher block counter before. I went on the hunt for one but couldn't seem to find any that matched this picture.






Then came Kirei. I found this site after watching an episode of Carter Can where he uses Kirei board to cover the walls. It looked awesome so I had to Google Kirei and I found their other green building products. Low and behold they just came out with a new product...

Chocolate Bamboo



LOVE IT!

I would like to take my current kitchen island




and extend it out by 30" to provide table seating. It would look something like this lovely island I found at myhomeideas.com



I can't decide whether to paint the island cabinets white or leave them as is. Hmmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous inspriation photo! I wonder if you can stain butcher block, or is that an issue with food preparation? The Kirei product looks great.

    ReplyDelete