Sunday, June 6, 2010

D Rings and Monkey Hooks Saved My Marriage

I love to hang big heavy mirrors and large wall art throughout my home. Unfortunately for the Hubs, he has to help me hang these items which he is never happy about.

I was at Lowes looking for mounting hardware for the new mirror I bought for our downstairs bathroom when a Lowes associate told me about monkey hooks. These hooks poke into the wall. That's right, I said POKE. Not drilled, hammered, or screwed into stud but POKED into the wall. D rings can easily be screwed into any item and then hung from the monkey hook. Monkey hooks come in different sizes to hang items from 25 lbs. to 100 lbs. The mirror for our downstairs bathroom already had D rings on it so after measuring where to place the monkey hooks I had Hubs help me place the D rings on the hooks and VIOLA, a hung mirror AND a happy husband.



I used D rings and monkey hooks for all of these projects:

large wall art in our hallway


$5 stairwell wall art


Wood panels by our bed as well as the large mirror




Jack and Jill bathroom mirrors


TAKE NOTE: Monkey hooks cannot be placed into a stud!

No comments:

Post a Comment