Sunday, January 2, 2011

Projects for 2011

I'm starting a list for the home projects I want to take on for the New Year. Some of them are finishing touches on projects that I've already started. I needed to put a 3rd coat of black paint on my front and closet doors in the entry way.



I started off painting them with a black glossy paint. Glossy paint is not forgiving and you could see every single brush stroke on in the paint. Plan B was Behr paint + primer in an eggshell finish. WAY better but some of the shine is still showing through on the doors so I put another coat of the paint + primer. MUCH better. I can check this one off the list.

I also need to cover the bottom of my drum light shade in my office with fabric. I've needed to finish this one for awhile.


My other home improvment projects for this year are:
> Tile the Jack and Jill bathroom.
> New faucets for the Jack and Jill bathroom. They've already been purchased, just need to install them which is currently in progress. Notice the faucet on the right is our new faucet and the faucet on the left is our old builder grade faucet.
> Paint the cabinets white (in progress)



New countertops, sink, and faucet for the kitchen. I'm thinking of either quartz or granite for the countertops. I'd like a granite sink, and a faucet and soap dispenser intalled. I would love for it to look something like this sink and countertop from DOD Home Interiors Inc.



Tile the fireplace surround in the family room


Purchase new end tables for the bedroom



Make my own art work for the master bedroom to go over the dresser


Re-upholster this chair in the master bedroom



New ceiling light fixtures for the entry way, guest bedroom, and Jack and Jill bathroom because I'm sick of these lights


Re-paint the dining room, ceiling included.

(This is the dining room at Christmas time)

Save money for a master bathroom renovation for next year

No comments:

Post a Comment